If you want a luxurious, glam look for your lashes, you need to try argan oil for eyelashes!
Have you ever wished for longer, darker, and thicker eyelashes? Even though they are such a little part of your face, nicer lashes drastically make a difference to your entire face. After all, why do you think falsies are such a huge hit?
Of course, you’ve heard of argan oil for your skin and hair—but what about argan oil for eyelashes? Is it the same stuff as regular argan oil or something else entirely?
Truth be told, Argan oil has been hailed as an incredible beauty tool to strengthen and grow both hair and lashes.
Through my experience of using argan oil on my lashes, I am excited to share all the reasons why it might just do wonders for you, too – from helping with dryness and aging skin around the delicate eye area to nourishing a healthier lash line that’s resistant to breakage while promoting natural growth.
Let’s take a look at what this magical elixir is all about and whether it can help you get the long lashes of your dreams.
What is Argan oil and what are its benefits for eyelashes?
Argan oil is an organic, plant-based oil extracted from the kernels of the Argania Spinosa tree that grows in Morocco. It contains a number of vitamins and fatty acids, including Vitamin E and Omega-3s, which are essential for healthy skin and hair. It’s known to be incredibly moisturizing, so it makes sense that it’d be great for lashes too!
How Does Argan Oil Help Your Lashes?
Unlike other oils for eyelashes, like castor or coconut oil, argan oil doesn’t just coat your lashes in a layer of grease. Instead, its unique blend of vitamins and fatty acids helps to nourish your lashes from the root up.
It also helps protect them from environmental damage caused by wind and sun exposure. This means that when you apply argan oil to your lashes every night (yes—you need to use it every night!), they become stronger over time due to the nourishing properties of the oil.
Without the use of expensive treatments or extensions, argan oil, an all-natural substance, can help to strengthen, thicken, and lengthen your lashes. It is gold for your eyelashes as –
- Contains Vital Nutrients – Argan oil contains essential nutrients, including those required for strong eyelashes. It contains lots of antioxidants, vitamin E, and fatty acids which directly contribute to the thickening and sturdiness of lashes.
- Anti-Inflammatory – The anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties of argan oil make it useful for treating diseases brought on by free radicals. Its capacity to minimize oxidative harm and inflammation may aid in slowing down aging and consequently promote healthy lash growth.
- Hydrate & nourish – Argan oil helps your eyelashes regain any moisture that has been lost. Fatty acids and vitamin A are abundant, which helps with this. Some individuals vouch for the argan oil’s ability to nourish and moisturize lashes while also intensifying their color and reducing the need for mascara.
- Promotes Eyelash Growth – Hydrated lashes are healthy lashes. If they are healthy, they will also grow. In other words, by keeping eyelashes moisturized and nourished, argan oil encourages eyelash development.
- Strengthens the lashes – Argan oil is rich in antioxidants. These anti-oxidants can strengthen and protect your lashes from damaging external factors. Argan oil helps to reduce lash breakage and loss because, like the hair on our heads, our lashes need conditioning to become thick and healthy.
- Prevents lash thinning – Argan oil is known to contain high levels of vitamin E and other potent antioxidants that lessen cell damage on the skin and hair. This prevents lash thinning. One of the main causes of hair breakage is free radical damage.
- It works well as a moisturizer – For healthy growth, lashes need to be appropriately hydrated and moisturized, just as the rest of the body’s hair.
The mix of free fatty acids in argan oil makes it a great option for retaining moisture in hair follicles. It is abundant in stearic, palmitic, linoleic, and oleic acids.
Oleic acid aids in controlling the amount of sebum produced in the eyelids, which in turn encourages strong hair follicles for thick, healthy lashes. It is also thought to help with hair loss treatment.
By accelerating skin cell turnover to help minimize blocked or dead hair follicles, linoleic acid promotes the maintenance of healthy hair follicles. Emollients like palmitic and stearic acid are useful for keeping moisture in hair follicles.
Is it okay to put argan oil on your eyelashes?
Of course, before putting anything, I repeat anything in or around your eye; you must ensure that it is even safe to use. Your eyes are one of the most sensitive body parts (and important too, lol), so you don’t wanna do anything harmful.
As for argan oil, it is absolutely okay to use it as a natural conditioner to help nourish and moisturize the lashes. High doses of fatty acids, vitamin E, and antioxidants can help stimulate healthy hair growth, strengthen them and improve the overall condition of the lashes.
How to apply Argan oil for eyelashes?
The best way to use argan oil on your eyelashes is to apply a few drops directly onto a clean lash brush or cotton swab before applying it, and gently stroke the oil along the length of your upper and lower lash lines. You can even use clean fingers. Be sure to avoid getting the oil into your eyes, as it may cause irritation.
You can also apply the oil to the base of your lashes to help condition the hair follicles and promote healthy growth.
Then gently massage and leave it on overnight so that it has time to work its magic, and then remove any excess with warm water in the morning. That’s all there is to it! Easy peasy!
my best tips for using argan oil for lashes safely
- Just make sure you do all this with clean hands to save your eyes from any germs, bacteria or irritation.
- Be considerate with the amount of oil you use because excess of it would chafe your eyes or cause adverse reactions. So use it sparingly.
- If you have sensitive eyes, be sure to do a patch test on your skin before using argan oil on your lashes.
- For best results, use argan oil on your lashes and eyebrows nightly before bedtime.
- Make sure that you are using 100% pure argan oil. No preservatives or add-ons.
- You can even mix equal proportions of argan oil with castor oil to achieve the best possible results.
- Be sure to store argan oil in a cool, dark place to prevent it from going rancid.
- Never ever rub or massage too deeply or harshly. They are your eyessss!
- Argan oil has a tendency to stain clothing. So, either sleep on a hand towel or an old pillowcase.
How often should you use argan oil on your eyelashes?
Every single night for at least a month. That is when you’ll start seeing actual results, no matter how thin or small your lashes are.
How long does argan oil take to grow eyelashes?
I mean, there’s no set time frame as to how long it takes, but I have medium to long eyelashes with not much volume but it took me 1 week to see visible volume in my lashes. It was not drastic, just a little.
But after 3-3.5 weeks of consistently using it, you bet I saw more voluminous and lengthy lashes than I have ever seen in my life. It’s important to be patient and consistent with using argan oil for eyelashes, as results may not be immediate.
But soon after, I started using this DIY remedy for thicker, fuller lashes, and I was blown off!
Side effects of using Argan oil for eyelashes
Everyone’s been buzzing about argan oil for eyelashes lately, but what about the potential side effects?
Of course, argan oil is a natural product, so it is generally considered safe to use on eyelashes but due to the same reason, it can also cause irritation or allergic reaction in some cases. Prolonged use of argan oil for eyelashes can lead to bacterial infections.
Plus, because of its heavy consistency and oily nature, argan oil can clog the pores around your eyes and even cause blepharitis or styes.
The good news is that there are simple steps to take if you experience any of these issues – first and foremost, discontinue use immediately! Taking care of your eyesight is paramount and using argan oil should be no exception. Why not be informed so you can keep your lashes looking beautiful without risking unwelcome side effects?
wrapping up argan oil for eyelashes
If you want longer, thicker eyelashes without resorting to false ones or mascara-like products, then why not give argan oil a try? As we’ve seen here today, this natural elixir offers not only nutrients but also protection from environmental damage – both things that are essential for having beautiful lashes!
So say goodbye to those short stubby lashes because, with argan oil, you can have long, luscious ones in no time at all! Give it a try tonight — your future self will thank you for it!
articles related to argan oil for eyelashes
- How to use argan oil on stretch marks
- Argan vs Rosehip oil, which is better? (You’re not ready!)
- 12 Best face Oils for Gua Sha to get Glowing, healthy skin instantly
- Is castor oil comedogenic? Can it clog pores? Answering all the questions!