I only recommend products I love and I think you will, too. If you click on links I provide, I may receive a little compensation. Learn more.
These healthy Starbucks drinks are your solution to not sacrificing flavor.
Admit it or not, Starbucks is a guilty pleasure for most of us. Well-known for its super delicious coffees, large menus, and big price tags, we love splurging on our essentials. But even though we know that Starbucks is not one of the healthiest brands in the market, it’s hard to resist the craving sometimes.
According to “The Daily Meal,” a typical Grande White Chocolate Mocha has 430 calories. That is about the same as two bowls of cereal, a bagel, a hard-boiled egg, and a banana. Are you kidding me? You could take those calories in so many better ways than just a drink!
But don’t worry, there definitely are some healthy Starbucks drinks that are made with no sugar added and have low calories.
So for those who want to indulge in a tasty treat but don’t really like compromises, here are some of the best healthy Starbucks drinks for you to try that are as delicious as you’ll like them to be.
But first, know how to make any Starbucks drink healthy with little changes.
How to create healthy Starbucks drinks
- Avoid sweeteners: Try adding a package of stevia or sprinkling cinnamon instead of white sugar or syrup. They also have sugar-free syrups now, so ask for that too.
- Experiment with different kinds of milk: Many people don’t know that unless otherwise specified, Starbucks always uses whole milk. But the company also has 2% milk, non-fat milk, coconut milk, and almond milk on hand for special requests. And alternating almond milk with whole milk alone can save you up to 80 calories.
- See your syrup pumps: Your mind may blow after knowing that one pump of that delicious Starbucks syrup has 20 calories. Yes, 20! And a standard grande has 4 pumps of syrup in it. You do the math. So I would suggest either asking for sugar-free syrup or trying to limit the number of pumps in your drink.
- Go ‘skinny’ or ‘light’: When you order a “light” beverage, you will receive a drink that is made from sugar-free syrup and non-fat milk which would help you control your calorie intake.
- Choose a Tall cup: Choosing a tall Starbucks cup rather than a Grande or Venti can help you stay within your calorie limit if you are craving an oversized beverage. The famous Pumpkin spice latte, for example, has 300 calories in its tall cup, while a Venti cup has 470. That does make a huge difference!
- Skip whipped cream: Who doesn’t love whipped cream? I myself am a fan. But did you know that there are about 82 calories in one serving of whipped cream on a tall coffee? Who knew? So my best way to cut that down is to skip it every time. But if you cannot imagine your drink without it, a light whip is your way to go.
- Ditch the drizzle: I rarely have seen people enjoying a frappuccino without the famous mocha or caramel drizzle. One drizzle of mocha adds about 5 calories and 1 gram of sugar, whereas a single caramel drizz adds 15 calories and 2 grams of sugar which is a lot compared to the fact that we only want them for a cool Snapchat story and that we can hardly taste them.
Oh if you’re wondering what Starbucks cup sizes you’ve available, here’s a quick comparison guide!
healthiest Starbucks drinks
So what are healthy Starbucks drinks? The shaken iced green tea and the espresso-based drinks are the best options. So is the hot chai tea latte. And if you want to go all out, order a tall salted caramel mocha. It’s delicious, and it’s only around 100 calories.
But if you need more recommendations, here are some of the best Healthy Starbucks drinks you have to try at least once.
1. brewed coffee or americano | 5-10 calories
Without a doubt, this one right here comes second in the healthiest Starbucks drinks lot with barely 5-10 calories. This is an espresso diluted with water, or we can say regular coffee minus milk sugar. Now I know it is just plain black coffee butttt, but if you add sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup to it, god, I’m telling you, some of you are actually going to loveeeee it. And the syrup only makes it 15 calories.
2. shaken iced green tea | 0 calories
With lemongrass, mint, and lemon verbena, this healthy Starbucks drink is actually delicious and super refreshing for summer with absolutely 0 calories. If you don’t know, caffeine is the key ingredient in green tea, which helps improve brain functions, which is great because now you can wake up without having to worry about calories. It also helps you burn fat and boost your metabolic rate. Don’t forget to request a drink without sugar.
3. nonfat cappucino | 60 calories
This is the lowest calorie milk-based drink on the menu, with only 60 calories and no fat. This healthy milk-based drink is a classic, creamy beverage with a shot of espresso and thick froth to kick-start the day.
4. chai tea latte | 60 calories
For tea lovers, we have something under 100 calories for you too. I love love love having this healthy Starbucks drink in the fall when I want to feel a little comfy and cozy. It is a classic spicy tea topped with steamed and frothed milk. But it can be well near 200 calories if you don’t order it in a specific way.
You can order organic chai tea, two packets of stevia, and steamed almond milk, along with extra cinnamon powder on the top. It tastes flavorsome and wholesome.
5. very berry hibiscus refresher | 50 calories
A refreshingly delish fruit juice drink that’s packed with real blackberries and mixed with green coffee extract to give you an energy boost. It’s low in sugar, with just 14g per serving as well as has just 40-50 calories.
6. Salted caramel mocha | 100 calories
It definitely is a healthy Starbucks drink I would love to have sitting at a bonfire. You can taste the mocha sauce and toffee nut syrup but go for half-steamed almond milk and 1-2 packets of stevia to make it taste so much better. Tell them to avoid whipped cream and caramel drizzle, as discussed above, to save many calories.
7. nonfat Iced Caramel Macchiato | 140 calories
A cup of espresso topped with caramel and vanilla syrup, ice cubes, nonfat milk, and caramel drizzle, which you can skip. This healthy Starbucks drink has 140 calories in its tall size and 7g of protein.
8. iced blonde vanilla bean coconut latte | 90 calories
Vanilla bean powder and a splash of blonde espresso are used in this coconut milk-based non-dairy latte. It has 90 calories, but can I say it tastes great? You can add sugar-free cinnamon dolce to sweeten it even more if you crave sugar.
9. skinny vanilla latte | 100 calories
The traditional lattes are not very health-friendly, but this espresso-based drink is topped with steamed milk and frothed milk flavored with vanilla syrup. A tall size counts for 100 calories. By using nonfat milk and sugar-free syrup, you can cut a few calories.
10. shaken tazo iced black tea lemonade | 70 calories
Sweetened iced tea and lemonade are two drinks summer is incomplete without. And this healthy Starbucks drink is the perfect combination of both of them. With 70 calories in total, it is super juicy and delicious. Also, perfect for times when you aren’t craving caffeine that much.
11. skinny cinnamon dolce latte | 140 calories
By this time, you might have guessed that I really like cinnamon dolce. And this healthy drink from Starbucks is made by using sugar-free cinnamon dolce flavored syrup. It is a low-fat coffee that includes a warm and spicy flavor that I’m all about. You have to give it a shot!
12. caramel brulée iced latte (cold brew) | 80 calories
One of the Starbucks signature drinks, this can easily be your go-to regular. It is a subtle mix of espresso, ice, milk, and rich caramel brulée sauce. To make it well, 80 calories and not compromise on taste, ask for one pump of caramel brulée sauce, three pumps of sugar-free vanilla, and a splash of cream. That’ll make a tasty, healthy Starbucks drink.
13. nitro cold brew with sweet cream | 70 calories
One of my personal favorite Starbucks drinks is this one. The best part? It’s loaded with flavors and has a sweet vanilla cream top that only contains four grams of sugar. The whole drink is 70 calories with the cream top which is great.
14. low carb pink drink | 35 calories
With just 35 calories, this low-carb keto Starbucks drink is no joke. It may not be as tasty as the original, but we have to lose to gain, right? You can ask for unsweetened passion tango iced tea along with strawberry infusion, light coconut milk, and a scoop of strawberries. 2 stevias or any other 0-calorie sweetener will completely change the drink for you.
15. iced shaken espresso / Doubleshot on ice | 40 calories
If you are in the mood for a really strong coffee, then this healthy Starbucks drink is made in heaven match for you. You just want to replace the normal milk with almond one, add 3-4 pumps of sugar-free vanilla and ask for no classic syrup to make it 40 calories
16. tevana shaken strawberry green tea infusion | 30 calories
With flavors of strawberries, green tea leaves, and liquid cane sugar, this healthy Starbucks drink is created for a refreshing afternoon only with 30 calories and no artificial flavors & sweeteners.
17. light coffee frappuccino | 110-130 calories
We know that frappuccinos may not be great options when you are counting calories but making a frappuccino light can help incredibly. Skipping the whip and toppings, replacing the whole milk with nonfat, and swapping your syrup with sugar-free vanilla can reduce the calories to 110 from 160, making it a lot healthier.
18. flat white with skimmed milk | 70 calories
For people who can’t compromise on their regular sips, this one is one of the best low-calorie Starbucks drinks with rich, creamy steamed milk, which you want to switch to skimmed milk. It is just shy of 60 calories which is great!
19. caffe misto | 110 calories
A great low-calorie Starbucks drink is this one with 110 calories. Actually, this drink uses lesser milk than the regular latte, but if you substitute it for almond milk, you will save many calories and won’t compromise on taste. For more yum, you can try adding sugar-free cinnamon dolce syrup.
20. iced brown sugar oatmilk shaken espresso | 120 calories
Oat milk is already considered healthy, and espresso is basically a low-calorie drink popular at Starbucks. So just ask for 2 pumps of brown sugar syrup to enjoy this lovely drink and still stay healthy.
21. honey almond milk cold brew | 50 calories
Another super tempting frappuccino that is so low on calories that you won’t even believe. Just shy of 50 calories, yes 50, for a grande-sized drink, I bet you’ll not get any better healthy Starbucks frappucino than this one.
22. cold brew with dark cocoa almond milk foam | 40 calories
For days when you really want a strong kickstart, this is one of the healthiest Starbucks drinks on the list. The foam on this adds as low as 4 g of sugar, and it totals up to 40 calories, including mocha drizzle on the top.
23. iced London fog tea latte | 140 calories
Served hot or cold, this solid combination of black tea, fresh lavender, and bergamot blends is only 140 calories. Most of which comes from 4 pumps of vanilla sugar. To bring the count a bit lower, you can ask for soy or almond milk and opt for sugar-free syrup.
Final thoughts on healthy Starbucks drinks
That being said, these were all the healthy Starbucks drinks that are insanely delicious and you won’t have to compromise on flavor that much. Now you can always ask your barista to give you suggestions on how to make your favorite drink healthier because every drink at Starbucks can be swapped for its healthier version.
So tell me, did you find your healthy Starbucks drink on this list? What are you going to try next, huh?
Related articles to Healthy Starbucks drinks
- Glow Up Challenge: How To Have A Glow Up In A Week
- How To Get Glowing Skin Overnight
- How To Look Better In One Minute Or Less