Want to know how to smell good all day? these 19 secrrets are all what you need.
Have you ever walked by a person and loved how they smelled just for that one second they were around you? I bet you have.
Apparently, we all know that smelling good is just as important as looking your very best when you are around people. Even though perfumes and fragrances can play a huge role, there are some other tips and ways you can know how to smell good all day, with or without perfume.
Here are 19 tips on How to smell good all the time that may require a little effort at the beginning but when things work out at the end, you’ll be the person people will be turning their heads for. So stick through!
This post contains affiliate links. For more information, see my Disclosure Policy.
How To Smell Good All Day
1. Drink Plenty of Water
I just cannot stress more how important drinking plenty of water and staying hydrated is for smelling good all day. First, drinking enough water can dilute some unpleasant scents from foods like onion, garlic, or cumin which apparently we love eating, and assures you that you always have a fresh-smelling breath. Second, it also contributes towards less sweating in armpits or other areas keeping you fresh all day.
An easier and effective way can be to replace normal water with infused or detox water. It would help in flushing out the toxins effortlessly. Here’s a cute water bottle with an infuser and a free e-book for you to buy on Amazon.
2. Make Your Perfume Last Longer
What if a little spritz of perfume could last you a little longer than usual? Ah, Dream! So here are a few things you need to know while making your perfume last longer.
1. Apply Vaseline/Perfume base before applying. When you apply a sticky base on pulse points before perfume, it is sure to last a little longer. Also, this Vaseline beauty hack definitely works!
2. Don’t rub your fragrance. Rubbing your wrists after applying a fragrance can break the top notes of perfume (the scent you smell in the first five minutes of applying it). Also, it can mix with the natural oils from your body and make a new scent altogether. Which is definitely not what we want if we want to smell good all day, right? So instead of rubbing the wrists together, just press them against each other. It will transfer the scent but still won’t break the notes.
3. Apply it on Pulse Points. I never knew the fact the perfume actually gets activated with the body’s heat. So as our pulse points are warmer parts of our body since blood pumps near this skin’s surface. Technically, pulse points can help activate the chemicals and fragrances in the perfume.
What are the best places to spray perfume?
- Behind the ears.
- On your wrists
- Inside your elbow
- Behind the knees
- Small of your back
You can shop vaseline here if you are out of it.
3. Moisturize Your Body Right After You Get Out Of Shower
You might have heard that perfumes or any fragrance for that matter, last much longer when applied on the wet moist base. So applying your scented moisturizers, oils, or perfumes right after you get out of the shower makes sense.
Pro Tip: If you want your scent to last all day, use body washes, moisturizers, creams, and perfumes of the same brand and fragrance. This will make that one aroma be stronger. I love a tropical scent. So my body wash and moisturizer are both of the same tropical scents.
4. Keep a Travel-Sized Bottle in Your Bag
Obviously, carrying a huge perfume bottle in your bag is stupid and heavy (Fact: I have taken it at times, thanks to my unorganized and hasty ass, lol) but carrying one is not. So better, buy samples of your favorite perfume along with the bigger bottle and spray the perfume into a travel bottle. Remember, I said spray because you don’t want the air to saturate the perfume and change up the chemicals when you open and pour them.
That’s why I prefer sample bottles. But if you don’t have it, then here is a set of 4 Refillable perfume bottles that are gonna make your life easier and your body smell fresher for you to buy on Amazon.
5. Avoid Wearing Polyester Clothes or Undergarments
Especially in summer, polyester is the worst fabric to wear as it does not absorb sweat which eventually creates a bad odor for our body and genitals (if you wear synthetic undergarments). So that’s a big No-No if you really want to smell good like vanilla. Choose fabrics that are as close to their natural raw form as possible. Cotton is always the best option.
6. Lightly Spray Scents on Bedsheets and Pillows
If you spray your bed sheets and pillows with perfumes or natural scents like rosewater (Which I personally use) or any other fragrance, this allows you to sleep faster and better because of all the fresh soothing aroma around you. Secondly, it gets within your skin and you wake up fresh and smelling like flowers.
You can either use organic/synthetic Rosewater as I do or Pillow Sprays as most people prefer. Here is my recommendation that you can buy on Amazon if you like.
7. You Smell What You Eat
We have talked that some of the foods we love eating can have an unpleasant smell. Although we cannot stop eating them (since we love them so much), we sure can reduce or compensate for the smell by drinking a glass full of water, fresh mint juice, or lemonade after having them. We can also keep mints or mouth fresheners handy.
8. Learn How To Layer Your Scents
This is an art every fragrance lover should know. Layering scents!
- Make sure your first layer of scent (lotion) doesn’t overpower your tops layer (perfume). This means that you should always start with the stronger scent and top it off with the lighter fragrance so that the stronger one doesn’t crush the lighter scent.
- Create your own fragrance by layering. Mixing and understanding the trick above, you can create your own personal scents as well. Always try them on your skin first before finalizing them since scents work differently on every skin due to the difference in the heat levels of a body.
9. Smelly feet are the game-changer
This is one thing I have seen people just can’t tolerate (including me) but this is such a normal phenomenon. Some can sweat more in armpits and some on feet. The simple trick to deal with smelly feet is to apply talc on your feet as often as you can to absorb the sweat which is causing that foul smell. Washing your feet with soap and water is another way around. And this can definitely help you to smell good all the time.
10. Keep Wax Melts or Scented Sachets in your Drawers
I have already told you about it. Keeping wax melts or scented sachets pieces in drawers you have your items like undergarments, accessories, or even clothes can replace the detergent/your natural body smell deliciously and without doing much.
11. Spray cotton Balls with a Perfume and keep them in a plastic bag for touch-ups
2-3 sprays on cotton balls or Q-tips are just enough to touch up your perfume needs when you are going out. Don’t forget to squeeze out all the air from the zip lock bag before locking it. This can be a decent replacement for carrying a travel-sized bottle.
12. Mix the last of Perfumes with an Unscented lotion to prevent waste
We all love our fragrances to their last drops. But now you can pour those bits into an unscented lotion or hand cream to prevent any wastage and lotion that smells just like your favorite scent.
13. Never Store your Perfume in Bathroom
Wondering how to smell good all day? Try this!
Light, humidity, and temperature fluctuations can cause your perfume to break down which in return reduces the quality and intensity of perfume. So better to store your fragrances in cool, dry places like closets or dressing tables. And, definitely keep them out of the reach of direct sunlight.
14. Never Shake your Perfume
Shaking the bottle can allow air to saturate the fragrance and decrease its intensity and life span. And you don’t want that, right?
15. How To Make Your Hair Smell Good All Day
Just like our body, our hair too plays a vital role in smelling good. Since you don’t want your sweat to unlock all the chemicals and oils from the scalp, here are a few tips to make your hair smell good:
1. Focus on washing your scalp thoroughly than just lathering, rinse and repeat. This was told to me by my Hair Expert that the very correct way to wash your hair is to clean your scalp first. Don’t focus on the rest of the hair. Cleaning your scalp will ensure that all the dirt and oil are being removed first. After that, whatever the lather is left, take it down the hair and clean them gently. Don’t rub the hair against each other for the sake of your life. This will assure you smell like vanilla during that hair flip!
2. Add a few drops of essential oils to your shampoo. This is such a cool beauty hack for always having fresh hair. And costs pennies!
3. Spray the fragrance onto your hairbrush before running it through your hair. This will not make your hair dry like alcohol-based perfumes and leave your hair undamaged and lightly scented. Yum!
4. Spray a hair fragrance specially designed for your hair. This will never dry your hair if you fear the hairbrush method will.
[ Related: Why does your hair smells bad even after washing? ]
16. How To Make Your Clothes Smell Good All Day
I have borrowed clothes from my elder sisters and friends. If you too have, then you might have noticed that each person has their own unique smell. Some have their natural body odor and some smell like a flower. So if you want your clothes to smell good all the time, then here are a few tips you need to do today:
1. Try using Fabric Deodorizers. Just like your armpits, your clothes would love some fresh Deodorizer too.
2. Keep dried lavender or vanilla in your closet. Oh god, after trying this, I kid you not, my closet smells delicious and I won’t mind eating it. Seriously!
3. Keep Perfume sprayed cotton balls or scented tissue paper in your drawers. With this little trick in play, now my undergarments have this light but beautiful scent which I won’t trade anything for. I love it!
4. Add 10-20 drops of essential oils while washing your clothes. This was recommended by my mom to make my clothes smell like flowers and replace the smell of detergents from them. All in all, this is the most genius hack, haha.
17. How to Make Your Breath Smell Good All Day
Trust me, if you have bathed in perfume but have bad breath, all of your efforts are gonna get dumped the second you open your mouth. It happens and it sucks. So here’s how to get rid of bad breath and let your mouth stay fresh.
1. Brush your teeth twice a day. Very common yet very effective. Also, make sure to clean the surface of the tongue (importantly) since that’s bad for bacteria that cause the smell.
2. Brush your teeth after eating foods that cause the smell. This may sound a little difficult but if possible you should try to brush your teeth once after eating garlic, onion, cumin, or tuna.
3. Avoid keeping your mouth dry by drinking enough water. Not juices, coffee, alcohol, or soft drinks. They are not as effective as water. And not healthy as well (obviously except juices).
4. Chew on fresh mint leaves or add them to your drinks. Since they flood your mouth and body with freshness, chewing on mint leaves is a great way to make your breath smell good all day.
5. Have mints/gums handy, always. This is such a must-have item in your college/work/party bag. And, it’s always a plus for some quick and sudden actions (if you know what I mean, winking with both my eyes 😉
When You don’t want to Use Scented Products
18. Have a good bath and reach to Right Points
Bathing with a lightly scented soap or body wash is just enough for days when you don’t wanna bathe in Perfume. Also, reach to right points that sweat the most and give them priority over the rest of the parts. These parts may include:
- Behind the knee
- Even feet, etc.
19. Replace Scented Products with Natural, Unscented Fragrances
There are a lot of unscented products which you can use for feeling fresh without a strong aroma like lotions, face washes, body washes, hair masks, deodorants, sunscreens, etc.
Pro Tip: You should always use fragrance-free skincare products only as added fragrances can irritate your skin and cause problems.
Well, that is how to smell good all day. Also, the products to smell good all day mentioned above are highly recommended to make your life easier.
Smelling good requires little effort initially but at last, when everything works out, you’ll be the person people would look back and ask, how the fudge are they smelling so good in 50 degrees? Let them wonder!
Hey! Interested in 2-day FREE shipping? Since most items listed here are from Amazon, you can purchase these and qualify for 2-day FREE shipping with Amazon Prime! Don’t have it? You can sign up for a 30-day Amazon Prime Trial *here*. Want to cancel it later on? Sure, you can do so without any penalty after your 30-day trial!
More Related Posts to How to Smell Good All Day
- This is How to Stay Hydrated and trick Your Brain to Drink More Water
- Why Does My Hair Smell Bad Even After Washing?
- How to Look Pretty all the time: 24 instant tips that work!
- 23 Skincare Secrets That will Actually Help you get Clear Skin Real Quick
- 20 Beauty Hacks for Girls that would Really Save You A Lot of time
4 thoughts on “How To Smell Good All Day Long Effortlessly”
I’m putting wax melts in my closet RIGHT NOW!!!
Wow, I could have never imagined these things to smell good. And I am exicited to try them asap!!! Thanks!
There are so many things I would have never thought could help me smell good. Thank you!
Aww, You are most welcome. Glad you liked it!