Do you really wanna set the stage on fire next time you enter but don’t know what to wear to a frat party? Lemme help!
If you’re anything like me, you love a good party, be it clubbing, sorority or frat. And while I’m not in college anymore (thanks to the universe who made my graduation possible this year, lol), I would give anything to enjoy a good frat party. After all, they’re a great opportunity to let loose and have some fun.
I highly highly recommend to every single person to go to a frat party at least once in your college life. It’s just the perfect way to connect with people and have the time of your life. Adulting is no fun; college parties are!
But if you’re not careful, they can also be a great opportunity to make a fashion faux pas and invite unnecessary attention. That’s why I’ve put together a list of the cutest yet sassy frat party outfits, do’s and don’ts, and top frat party essentials you need in your closet. So whether you’re hitting up a party at your own fraternity or sorority house or you’re crashing one at another school, make sure you bring your A-game!
Do’s and don’ts of what to wear to a frat party
As someone who’s been to her fair share of frat parties, I can tell you that there are a few Dos and Don’ts when it comes to what to wear. First and foremost, you want to make sure you’re comfortable. You’re going to be dancing and mingling all night, so you don’t want to be weighed down by uncomfortable clothing. And the last thing you want is to be tugging at your clothes all night or having wardrobe malfunctions.
Secondly, you want to make sure your outfit is party-appropriate. This means no pantsuits or formal gowns, obviously. Third, you want to make sure your outfit is flattering. There’s nothing worse than feeling self-conscious all night because you do not like the way you look.
Fourth, I would not suggest you to wear anything too revealing. It’s not like I’m against it, but just to be safe and comfy. You want to strike the perfect balance between sexy and classy. A good rule of thumb is to avoid anything that’s too short, tight, or low-cut. You don’t want to be the girl who’s constantly pulling down her skirt or adjusting her top all night long.
Also, you need not spend a huge chunk of money on clothes, they are of no use. Shein, H&M, and Forever 21 are your best friends.
And lastly, have fun with your outfit! A frat party is a perfect opportunity to experiment with new trends and fashion trends.
top frat party essentials you need in your closet
I’ll keep this short.
1) A tank top or crop top: There’s no denying that it gets hot when you’re dancing the night away. So make sure you wear something that will keep you cool and won’t make you sweat through your shirt. Also, they are so versatile and make super cute outfit ideas.
2) A good pair of jeans/shorts: I cannot stress how important a good pair of jeans is. They go with everything. They style down the outfit real quick and make them look chic yet appropriate. And shorts, on the other hand, are again the perfect way to look cute as well as stay cool.
3) Staying Hydrated: You’ll understand the importance of this only after landing up at a frat party. I mean, after dancing your butt off, alcohol is not the way to get through the night, lol. I wish it was! So bring a small water bottle along, not the heavy one, though. You’ll thank yourself the next day when you don’t have a hangover.
4) Comfortable shoes: You might be tempted to wear those sky-high heels that are currently all the rage. But trust me, your feet will thank you if you stick with something more comfortable. After all, there’s nothing worse than having to take your heels off halfway through the party and stepping on a floor filled with god knows what! Flats or sandals are also a good choice.
5) A pair of sneakers: As much as you want to wear heels, please stick to sneakers or converse. You have no idea what frat floors are filled with, water, alcohol, broken bottle glass, sand, and everything on the face of the earth. It’s a mess, and you will seriously thank me!
Now, let’s get into the main part! What to wear to a frat party that makes jaws drop but also lets you have fun?
frat party outfits
1. ripped jeans + black cropped cami
Jeans are your best friend. You can style them in so many ways – simple, sexy, casual, hot for frat parties. This cropped cami top outfit is super easy and perfect!
2. cute tops with jeans
Dig your wardrobe to find out cute crop tops you can wear with jeans. They are easy, stylish, and insanely comfortable for such a party!
3. sexy strappy bralette + skirt/jeans
Reserve all the sexy for you with plunging bralettes and sheer tops!
4. jeans + plunge top + denim jacket
A monochrome outfit always craves a pop of color. And this jacket does just that. The outfit is casual but still sexy!
5. tube top with statement jeans
Don’t think much and throw on a tube top over freakishly stylish jeans, and you are good to dance the hell outta the frat party. Don’t forget to accessories your neckline with this – They make you look put together!
6. little black dress
There’s no occasion where you cannot wear your black dress. Style them with sneakers or boots, and throw your sass like confetti.
7. cargos + bodysuit
Want a look that’s cool, sexy, and still very much comfortable? How about pairing cargo with a sexy bodysuit? Sounds like a frat party outfit idea I wanna wear 😉
8. mini skirt, tank top and cardigan
Plaid skirts are all the rage, so why not get one for yourselves and make a really cute frat party outfit?
9. jeans, cami and overshirt
Another super easy, super casual, and comfortable fit. You can either wear the shirt or tie it around your waist for a more edgy look.
10. leather joggers + turtle neck
Statement pieces can instantly make you look stylish. And these leather joggers are nothing but a brilliant outfit option that is as versatile as it is pretty.
11. white shirt with a denim skirt
A white button-down shirt is a must-have for any wardrobe, let alone college girls. If you have one sitting ideally, pick it up and pair it with skirts, shorts, jeans, anything.
12. faux leather pants with a basic t-shirt
Wow, such a simple casual outfit, but it still looks chic and unique. It’s also covered if you don’t wanna show much skin.
13. sexy black dress
I’ll ditch the heels for a frat party anytime but if you wanna look all sexy, lace-up heels and a pretty black dress are your way to go.
14. skirt, tank top and oversized shirt
Still confused about what to wear to a frat party? A cute skirt outfit needs very little effort but looks extremely chic.
15. cami tops with shorts
Hop onto the summer fling with pair of shorts and cami tops and crash all the fraternity parties there ever are!
16. sexy top with jeans
Sexy tops are just what you need to set the frat party on fire!
17. all black outfit
Black is the color of a fabulous party! Make a monochrome outfit with strappy tops and comfy jeans. Don’t forget to accessorize well 😉
18. midi skirt, tank top and leather jacket
Give an interesting dimension to your frat party outfit with a midi skirt that has a slit. Pair it up with a tank top and a leather jacket for an edgy touch.
19. statement pants or satin top
If you have read my how to look stylish effortlessly post, you know that statement pieces can easily take an outfit from 10 to 100. Look at these zebra print pants, says exactly that!
Also the satin top also looks quite stunning.
20. straight trousers with a cami
Want an easy outfit to wear at a frat party? A cami top with comfy straight-fit pants is a style anyone can carry chicly.
21. satin cowl neck top with boyfriend jeans
Satin replicates silk and looks insanely luxe. Create a beautiful, classy outfit like this but still tone it down with a pair of denims and white sneakers.
22. denim skirt outfit
Denim skirts make up for such cute and easy frat party outfits that if you own one, I can guarantee that you’ll never have to worry about what to wear to a frat party again. You can style it simple or sexy like the ones below!
23. dress over a turtle neck
If a sexy black bodycon dress is just a little too much for you, style it with a turtle neck underneath to tone down the sexy. I love what she did with her socks and boots <3
24. cute dresses
Not only black dresses, but you can totally rock casual dresses like these for a killer frat party look! There’s nothing easier than throwing a dress that will grab all the attention for you.
25. cute top with shorts
After all, summer is all about short clothes, isn’t it? I’d love any chance to wear cute and sexy tops like these so casually. Either with jeans or shorts, you gonna rock it!
26. strappy tube top with jeans
Hold on to your dear crop tops because they are your one-stop solution to your fraternity party outfits. Something like this that can be worn as a strappy top, as well as a tube top, can help make so many fits for you.
27. sexy black top
Some statement tops like this can make literally look so hot and works absolutely fine with sneakers or converse. I mean, just!!
28. corset tops + jeans
If you haven’t seen corset tops all over the internet, idk under which rock you are living, lol. Corset tops may not be versatile enough, but they sure are trendy. And you can easily get some cheap ones, so you don’t lack behind 😉
29. printed tops with jeans
Having fun at the frat party is one thing, but having fun with your besties is whole another. Deep neck crop tops that show just the right amount of cleavage are the perfect way to land a frat party!
30. body fit romper + oversized shirt
Look how cute this body-fit romper and white oversized shirt look together. A baseball cap and vans are all the accessories this outfit needs.
31. halterneck top + boyfriend jeans
I love love love halter neck tops. They are so classy yet super sexy. Paired with straight boyfriend fit jeans, you can it a night of fun and definitely sass.
32. strappy top with a denim skirt
I told you, denim skirts can be style casual and sexy. This is just an example of styling them with a cami top and dropping people’s jaws!
wrap up: what to wear to a frat party
A frat party is a perfect opportunity to try out a new style or fashion trend that you’ve wanted to try out. So have fun with it! If there’s something you’ve been dying to wear but weren’t sure if it was too out there, this is your chance to go for it. Live a little!
Now that we’ve gone over the dos and don’ts of what to wear to a frat party and all the different outfit ideas you can try. Hopefully, you feel more prepared for your next big event! Just remember to keep comfort in mind, choose an outfit that flatters your body type, accessorize, and most importantly—have fun with it and at the party!
related articles to what to wear to a frat party
- How To Look Put Together And Polished With Minimal Efforts
- How To Look Stylish: 15 Styling Tips That’ll Change Your Life!
- 22 Cutest Duo Halloween Costumes That Are Beyond Iconic
- 46 Insanely Cute Fall Outfits To Copy This Year!