Gua Sha For Face Slimming: Do’s And Don’ts That Are Shocking!
I only recommend products I love and I think you will, too. If you click on links I provide, I may receive a little compensation. Learn more.
Wondering if you can use gua sha for face slimming? Let’s get to the bottom of it.
It was when one of my friends was doing her skincare and picked out this cool green stone and said, “Gua sha is my secret for a slimmer face. It will give me a nice sharp jawline soon.”
And I had heard about gua sha before but wasn’t interested in it much. So I told her that I don’t believe a stone can give slim face. It must only improve blood circulation and nothing else. But she was so firm with her belief that she won’t budge and that made me have a maybe it’s true kind of mindset.
So obviously I switched my research mode on here’s what I found about gua sha and if using gua sha for face slimming is a real thing.
What is gua sha? how does it work?
Gua Sha is a traditional Chinese natural therapy that uses gentle to moderate pressure to create energy that stimulates the body’s natural healing process.
The technique has been in use for more than 2,000 years and is usually performed on the back, legs, arms, chest, and other areas of the body to treat injuries or other chronic conditions.
Gua sha is a type of gua Dao (scraping) therapy to help with blood circulation, reduce facial bloating and swelling, and slim your face. It involves drawing a tool along certain face areas to move lymphatic fluid and improve elasticity.
This gua sha technique is suitable for many people, including those who want a quick solution to look more youthful and less tired due to loose skin on their faces caused by aging, pregnancy, or weight fluctuations. In addition, those with oily skin can also benefit from gua sha since it helps release excess oil from the pores.
That being said, one question that always keeps coming up is, does gua sha work? To answer that, hell ya, it works! The benefits of gua sha have been no less than extraordinary and many people have found it magical for different skin issues.
Benefits of gua sha
Gua sha is an ancient Chinese healing practice used traditionally to expel pus and toxins, reduce fever, improve blood flow, and break down scar tissue. It can also release toxins from the body, alleviate pain, reduce stress, lower blood pressure and boost immunity, among other benefits.
It has become popular again in China for aesthetic purposes; people use it to rejuvenate their skin by reducing puffiness under the eyes, improving lymphatic drainage (and thus de-puffing), minimizing sinus congestion (if you’re suffering from allergies, this might be helpful), treating acne, reducing hyperpigmentation caused by sun exposure or acne scarring. Celebrities like Fan Bingbing are known for getting regular gua sha treatments to stay looking young & fresh all year round.
How to pick the right gua sha stone?
1. The gua sha stone should be approximately the size of an adult’s palm or a little bigger. If it is too small, it will be difficult to handle and apply pressure, while if it is too big, the force applied might end up hurting.
2. It should not have any cracks because this could get stuck in the skin even when you glide over the skin using a minuscule amount of pressure. A crack can also get deeper into the skin each time you use it, causing bruises later.
3. The gua sha stone should feel somewhat smooth, but filing down with sandpaper or coarser types of stones can help bring out its original texture so that it feels more natural and body temperature.
4. The stone should not be too light because it might be too easy to handle and lose control over the pressure of the strokes that we apply on the skin. It also shouldn’t be too heavy, which will cause hands fatigue or numbness while using it.
5. The gua sha stone should feel natural, so if you want something more than just a rock picked up from your backyard, you can buy types of gua sha stones made from volcanic rocks such as obsidian or kinds of minerals such as jade or rose quartz online or at some stores around where you live.
How to use gua sha for best results?
Begin by cleaning your face and neck with 4-10 drops of facial oil. Scrape the tool up both sides of your neck using it. Then sweep from the middle of your chin to the top of your jawline in one motion. After this, move on to sweeping over your cheeks, ending at the hairline. Sweep upwards from between the brows towards the hairline in one movement. Finally, sweep from the middle of your forehead to the hairline in one movement.
Before moving to the next area of the face, make sure to sweep it at least three times. Also, keep the tool flat against your skin and try not to apply too much oil.
You can use gua sha either in the morning or at night. I personally prefer in the morning as it is a superb way to reduce puffiness and wake up your facial muscles. Also, don’t scrape each area of your face more than 10-15 times because it can overstimulate and irritate the skin. Since the skin around the eyes is very thin, it is suggested to scrape it after 2-3 days.
Can gua sha help slim face?
If you want a straight answer, then NO, gua sha cannot help slim your face. It is no magic. What it can do is just drain away the excess fluid from your face, making it appear that your jawline has got chiseled and your face got slimmer.
To get a slim face you need to do cardio, eat right, and perhaps use procedures such as fat dissolving injections and highly focused ultrasound.
mistakes to avoid with gua sha
The most common mistake while using gua sha is to believe that if you apply hard pressure while draining the fluids, you may get a jawline or slim face quicker or faster. This is absolutely false news, and gua sha asks for a firm and gentle pressure only.
Concluding gua sha for face slimming
Gua sha is a traditional Chinese medical treatment that involves scraping the skin with a smooth stone or other material. It has many benefits and can be used to provide relief for certain conditions, such as acne and eczema, but it cannot slim your face at all. Don’t buy gua sha if you hear that listening! This procedure only drains away fluids from under the surface of the skin by stimulating blood flow in deeper tissues.
I hope now you know that using gua sha for face slimming is a myth.
Related articles to gua sha for face slimming
- Why Your Skin Feels Tight? 8 Solid Reasons And Solutions!
- 10 Best The Ordinary Products For Acne Scars That Are Magical
- How To Get Glowing Skin Overnight
- 10 Drunk Elephant Dupes That Are Seriously Mind-Blowingly Great
Great to know the do’s and don’ts of Gua Sha for face slimming!