How to look put together and polished with minimal efforts
I only recommend products I love and I think you will, too. If you click on links I provide, I may receive a little compensation. Learn more.
I know looking put together & polished is not as easy as said, but with these simple stylings, it can be!
It has been the year of the clean girl, preppy, and old money trends. Everyone is gravitating towards a groomed and polished aesthetic. Are you looking to up your style game and appear put together and polished all the time but don’t know where to start?
I know It can feel overwhelming trying to keep up with the latest trends.
Achieving a put-together and polished look doesn’t have to be complicated or time-consuming. In fact, with a few small tweaks to your routine, you can easily up your style game and look your best with minimal effort.
Low-effort girls’ guide on how to look put together and polished
1. Build good habits and routines into your daily lifestyle
If you want to look good every single day, the easiest way to start is to create a base of positive habits like a regular skincare routine and an organized morning.
Start off small by tackling one easy task at a time. Then, habit stack until these habits develop into daily morning and evening routines. A fixed routine makes it much easier to go through things than a complicated one.
2. A solid morning routine
A solid morning routine is a game-changer and will help you start the day off on the right foot. That’s why I always make sure to:
- Get a good night’s sleep
- Start the day with 5 minutes of meditation
- Drink a glass of water first thing in the morning
- Brush my teeth before heading to the gym for a workout
I also have a quick skincare routine that I stick to. Keeping my skin clean, hydrated, and free of dark circles helps to give me that fresh, put-together look without any makeup. Plus, it only takes a few minutes out of my day.
- I keep all of my “5-minute routine” skincare products in a separate makeup bag so that I can easily find them whenever I need them.
- It’s so important to keep your makeup routine clean and simple. There’s nothing worse than trying to keep up with a complicated process that you can’t possibly sustain.
- The more you invest in good skin care, the less you have to do for your makeup.
- For a quick routine that costs less than $50, I recommend using:
1. Cleanser – The Ordinary Squalane Cleanser
2. Eye serum – The Ordinary caffeine 5% depuffing eye serum
3. Hydrating serum – The Ordinary Hyluronic Acid 2% + B5 hydrating serum
4. Moisturizer – The Ordinary Natural Moisturizing Factors + HA
If you too always get confused about How To Layer The Ordinary Products, here is Your Fuss Free Guide!
3. Streamline Your Make-Up Routine
If you’re like most women, you want your makeup to do more than just sit there on your face. You want it to hydrate your skin, blur imperfections, and protect you from the sun. That’s why investing in good multi-purpose makeup is a great idea. Plus, it helps you streamline your routine.
Chanel’s bronzer and illuminator are two of our favorite products because they can be used for any occasion.
For a natural look, just apply some bronzer to your cheeks and forehead. Or, if you’re going for a more glam look, add a touch of illuminator to your cheekbones and brow bones. Either way, you’ll look put together and definitely gorgeous!
Another everyday makeup product I can’t do without is mascara. This will help make you look manicured. My favorite is the Too faced better than sex mascara. It curls and lengthens and really coats the lashes while being clean and smudge-proof.
Do you know what are some of the greatest Better than sex mascara dupes? You’ll love to save money here!
If you have a great skincare routine in place, then you can easily get away with just the bronzer, illuminator, and mascara for a barely there but lit from within look.
Organizing your makeup into specific looks can be a game-changer when it comes to your daily routine. No more rummaging through your makeup bag for the right products – everything you need will be right at your fingertips. Plus, it’ll save you time in the morning (or evening) when you’re getting ready.
There are two main looks that you’ll need to focus on – your everyday look and your evening look. Here’s a breakdown of what should go into each:
Your everyday look should be natural and effortless. Bronzer or illuminator, cheek and lip tint, brow gel, and mascara are all you need to create a fresh and flattering look.
For evening looks, you can dial it up a bit. Foundation, concealer, eye shadow, eyeliner, and lipstick are essential. Choosing a palette of neutral eye shades and browns will complement any outfit and skin tone while looking classy.
4. Groom yourself a bit
A well-groomed appearance makes a huge difference in making you look put-together and polished. While we might not all have the time or budget to visit a salon every week, there are some easy things we can do at home to maintain a classic, timeless look.
- Your nails are a great place to start. A simple, tidy manicure goes a long way in making you look elegant. If you don’t have time for a trip to the salon, try a quick at-home manicure using quality nail polish and a steady hand. I recommend the Le Mini Macron gel manicure kits for fuss-free application.
- Stick to classic bridal-type shades for nails that work with every look, like subtle pink and natural tones. Get inspired by these nude nail designs that go with every look!
- Your hair is another key element of a sleek appearance. Find a no-fuss style that you can do in minutes – A low bun or slicked-back ponytail is always a good option.
- Don’t forget about your eyebrows! Good eyebrows can make all the difference when it comes to looking put together. Try this great all in one at home brow kit (and so cheap!). If you are not confident in grooming your own brows, making a monthly appointment with a specialist is worthwhile.
5. Create a capsule wardrobe to style your looks without thinking
Creating a capsule wardrobe doesn’t have to be daunting – start with some key basics in neutrals that can be easily mixed and matched.
Think, a white or cream t-shirt, some tan or black skirts, and a few easy-to-wear dresses. See our examples below of some great buys that are under $50. When looking for items, try to choose quality, versatile fabrics that can be layered so you can mix and match different pieces to create new looks.
You can then add in a few pieces in colors that suit your skin tone, like a wool jumper or strappy top. This will help you create a cohesive and stylish wardrobe that makes you feel confident no matter what the occasion is.
With a capsule wardrobe, getting dressed in the morning is a breeze – and you’ll always look put together!
Tailored clothes that fit will instantly level up your look.
Make sure you include structured pieces in your capsule collection, like blazers, a classic white shirt, or even a shirt dress.
There’s nothing like the feeling of putting on a brand new outfit – especially when it fits you like a glove. Suddenly, you feel like a million bucks. So find a great tailor and get them to adjust anything you buy that’s not quite right. Wearing clothes that fit properly helps to make budget-friendly clothes look higher-end.
A great-fitting coat is the easiest way to make any outfit look chic.
Here are a few tips on how to choose a coat for your climate and body type:
Classic coat styles:
– The trench coat is a timeless style that looks great on everyone. It’s perfect for milder climates and can be dressed up or down.
– The peacoat is another classic style that is perfect for colder climates. It’s a great option for curvier figures, as it accentuates the waist.
– The parka is a casual style that is perfect for winter weather. It’s a great option for petite figures, as it adds volume.
Put your best foot forward
When it comes to your capsule wardrobe, don’t forget to invest in a few great pairs of shoes! Not only will they help you feel more put together, but they’ll also round out your look. Here are a few things to keep in mind when shopping for your perfect capsule collection of shoes:
– Make sure your shoes are made from high-quality materials like leather. With proper care, they’ll last you for years.
– Consider classic styles that never go out of fashion. You’ll be able to wear them season after season.
– Invest in a good shoe care kit to keep your shoes looking their best.
Invest in a good steamer to get quick wrinkle-free outfits
If you don’t own a steamer, you need one now. Not only do they help remove wrinkles from clothes, but they also give them a nice fresh-off-the-rack look. You can find them for as little as $30 on Amazon, making them a total steal.
6. Add Your Own Personal Style with Refined Accessories
Adding the finishing touches of a look with accessories is a great way to make any outfit seem refined and for you to look polished. One great way to do this is by accessorizing with pieces that add a touch of luxury.
To make a statement, invest in one or two high-end accessories that you can wear for years to come.
A timeless piece of jewelry or a designer handbag can elevate your look. We love these gold hoops – they are so versatile that I consider them a true investment!
Textures add dimension and interest to an outfit, so consider incorporating a scarf, a simple chain necklace, or a textured bag into your capsule collection. Here are 8 must-have accessories that I think everyone should have!
7. Plan some go-to looks that you can always rely on
When you have a busy schedule, the last thing you want to do is spend hours agonizing over what to wear. That’s why it’s a great idea to have a few “ready to go” looks that you can always rely on. To save you some time (and fashion headaches).
Create and photograph a few outfits from your capsule collection that are quick to throw on and work for any event. When you are preparing your looks, you can even photograph yourself in the outfits with your 5-minute hair and everyday make-up styles done.
Hang the outfits in your wardrobe with all the items together in one place. Include the shoes, accessories, and underwear so they’re always easy to grab. Now you’ll never be caught out for last-minute events or if you are running late. Your “ready-to-go” outfit will have you dressed and styled in 2 minutes. Way to look put together!
8. Finally – the best you’ll ever look is with a smile on your face.
Don’t be insecure or stressed about not looking “polished” enough. Just be your best self, people won’t remember how you look, but they’ll remember how you made them feel. So next time you’re getting ready for your day, take a deep breath, put on a smile, and go out there and make the world a better place!
Wrap up how to look put together and polished
So there you have it! Eight easy ways to look polished and pulled together with minimal effort. We hope these tips help you feel more confident in your appearance, whatever the occasion may be.
What are some of your favorite go-to styling tricks? Share them with us in the comments below!
Related articles on how to look put together
- How To Look Stylish: 15 Styling Tips To Be Fashionable!
- How To Look Prettier: 24 Ways To Look Prettiest Among All
- How To Look Expensive On A Budget: Ooze Out Luxury Easily!